Sunday, June 12, 2016

Top 10 Films of 2015

1.
Carol
Directed by Todd Haynes
For being simply one of the best romantic stories there is. It's well-acted and well-directed. Also love its elegant and colorful 1950s costume and production design.

2.
Mad Max: Fury Road
Directed by George Miller
For its highly entertaining and ingenious scenes. Mad Max Fury Road is one of the most engaging movies I've ever seen.

3.
The End of the Tour
Directed by James Ponsoldt
For completely immersing me into something I have no idea about. Surprisingly emotional, and the screenplay is reminiscent of Richard Linklater's Before trilogy too!

4.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
J.J. Abrams
For making me a legit fan from being a semi pretentious Star Wars fan.

5.
Bridge of Spies
Directed by Steven Spielberg
For being surprisingly engaging and lovable, and exceeding my low expectations. Thanks to its  horrible trailer.

6.
Brooklyn
Directed by John Crowley
For bringing back Saoirse Ronan, basically. I never considered this deep. I just think it's lovely.

7.
45 Years
Directed by Andrew Haigh
For destroying me, and only a few films can do that.

8.
Spotlight
Directed by Tom McCarthy
For its exceptionally compelling theme and narration where almost every other scene is a twist.

9.
When Marnie was There
Directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi
For being the second best lesbian love story of 2015.

10.
Mustang
Directed by Deniz Gamze Ergüven
For proving that fairy tales don't always have happy endings, and it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment